- JOB TITLE: Tech Ninja (Mobile App and Web Interface Developer)
- DUTY STATION: Addis Ababa
- CAREER LEVEL: Mid Level (2 years)
- SALARY: 10,000.00 – 15,000.00 ETB/month (full-time) or 5,000.00 - 7,500.00 ETB/month (two half-time positions each) depending on experience
Triple Bottom Line Enterprises is implementing Flowius, which builds radically affordable piped water systems for rural homes and farms. We combine a set of rurally-based franchises with a suite of mobile tools and an engineering philosophy emphasizing affordability. Ethiopia has nearly 100 million people, but nearly 90% of Ethiopians have to walk for water instead of having it piped to them. Of these, 37 million are rural people who live within just two kilometers of a clean water source. The problem is that, currently, household piped water is too expensive for most people living at the bottom of the economic pyramid. On top of that, rural communities lack access to skilled pipe network operators and decent infrastructure like roads and electricity. To address it, these piped water systems are
- Radically affordable and less than half the cost of typical piping;
- Reliable since they’re simple to operate, minimizing system downtime;
- Safer than typical water collection methods like carrying in jerrycans;
- Income generating for homes with more time and for farms with irrigation;
We are inviting competent individuals who fit the requirement to apply to join a team which is transforming the way that rural Ethiopians get water!
- Strategic development of Android mobile applications and connecting them with online interfaces.
- Development and management of online databases
- Management of existing mobile apps.
The minimum required professional skills for the jobholder to perform successfully in their position include
- Minimum two years experience with
- Android mobile application development
- Experience with at least one of React, Angular, or Node JS
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants are invited to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Links to websites previously developed
- Links to published apps on Google Play store or, if not available, a demo of previously developed apps
- Link to GitHub account