Triple Bottom Line Enterprises is implementing Flowius, which builds radically affordable piped water systems for rural homes and farms. We combine a set of rurally-based franchises with a suite of mobile tools and an engineering philosophy emphasizing affordability. Ethiopia has nearly 100 million people, but nearly 90% of Ethiopians have to walk for water instead of having it piped to them. Of these, 37 million are rural people who live within just two kilometers of a clean water source. The problem is that, currently, household piped water is too expensive for most people living at the bottom of the economic pyramid. On top of that, rural communities lack access to skilled pipe network operators and decent infrastructure like roads and electricity. To address it, these piped water systems are
- Radically affordable and less than half the cost of typical piping;
- Reliable since they’re simple to operate, minimizing system downtime;
- Safer than typical water collection methods like carrying in jerrycans;
- Income generating for homes with more time and for farms with irrigation;
We are inviting competent individuals who fit the requirement to apply to join a team which is transforming the way that rural Ethiopians get water!
We’re developing an application called Flowius Connect, which will make the construction of our water systems as efficient and effective as possible. This application will consist of using a pre-engineered piped water system to determine construction processes, build material quantities, and create a calendar of all activities.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. The job is contract based upon milestones which must be met. We are looking for someone with significant experience who can start on the project as soon as possible.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding GIT.
Please email samrawit@3BLenterprises.com with your CV by Wednesday, 13 June 2018.